[Zope-DB] Trouble compiling Popy

Le grande pinguin rm@mh-freiburg.de
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:50:10 +0100

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 03:09:42PM +0100, Charlie Clark wrote:

> On 2003-02-07 at 14:36:58 [+0100], Leonardo Fernandes wrote:
> > My mistake, 'CC=gcc' is what I meant, anyway it still can't find the
> > compiler, and gcc is properly installed. That's what I'd like to know:
> > _why_ configure had problems in the first place? Any hints?
>
> Is there any reason you're wanting to use popy as opposed to psycopg?
> Psycopy's better maintained and Federico's on this list.

Guessing from Leonardo's posts on the psycopg-mailing list: he had
the same problems with 'configure' I really don't think this is
a zope/postgres/DA related problem, it pretty much looks like a
'configure' related problem (-> autoconf mailing list).
Esp without telling us what OS/architecture is used

  hth Ralf Mattes