[Zope-DB] ZpsycopgDA installation

Le grande pinguin rm@mh-freiburg.de
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:53:15 +0100

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 09:24:47AM -0200, Leonardo Fernandes wrote:
> I did finish the installation. Just for someone else with the same problem I did have
> to change permissions for the ZPsycopg files in Products directory and also to build
> mxDateTime from source to install it on zope`s python (the RPM install it in /usr).

Ah, so you are running your Zope with its own Python. Hmm, that seems to be asking
for trouble (looking at the psycopg mail archive ;-)

> One final issue is this warning on starting Zope:
>
> WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module psycopg:
>   This Python has API version 1010, module psycopg has version 1007.
>
> Is it a serious problem?

Hmm, depends. What (most likely) happend: you did build your psycopg with
the header files from your "normal" python (which seems to have a C API
version of 1007) while your Zope-Python was build with API version 1010.
To get rid of this warning, either upgrade your "normal" Python together
with the header files (i looks like you use some RPM-based distro, it
should be in a '-dev' rpm). Or install the header files for your Zope-
Python and compile against them (same goes for MxDateTime).

 hth Ralf Mattes